8.21.2012

Pencil & Crayon Wreaths

Pencils, crayons, glue sticks, notebooks… it’s about that time!
In honor of the new school year, we decided to collage some wreaths together. Here’s  what we came up with:




Materials:
Wreath form, notebook paper, pencils, Mod Podge(matte), hot glue  

This project was super easy and cost about $4 to make. :)
Step One: Mod Podge notebook paper to 12" wreath form (I cut the paper into strips and glued a couple of layers). Allow to dry.
Step Two: Hot glue various sized pencils to ring.
Step Three: Attach a ribbon for hanging.




Crayon wreath...




              

Same steps here, only I coated a 6" ring with some white paint first. :)



Have a happy and safe school year! :)



I am sharing these projects and getting super  inspired over at:
The 36th Avenue
Johnny in a Dress
Scissors&Spatulas
WhipperBerry
Tatertots & Jello
30 Handmade Days
Six Sisters' Stuff
SNAP!
Today's Creative Blog


8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that I'm following you! I love this idea, much more unique than any of the other pencil and crayon wreaths I've seen lately. Great job!

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie! Thank you!!! :)
      Krista @ mk inspired

      Delete
  2. Cute idea! Thanks for linking up to our Pretty Things party. Hope to see you back next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! ...and thanks for hosting! I'll be back for sure! ;)
      Krista @ mk inspired

      Delete
  3. What a fun new take on school supply wreaths! I love the idea of the crayon wreath. Thanks for sharing on Show and Tell at SNAP!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tauni! So HAPPY that you stopped by...I'm glad you like them! :) Thanks for hosting!

      Krista @ mk inspired

      Delete